INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REGIMEMALONE & CO.
Ireland’s Intellectual Property framework is considered to be one of the strongest in Europe. The primary legislation seeks to protect patents, trademarks, copyrights and designs. It provides for many taxed based incentives for expenditure on IP.The range of assets qualifying for relief is extensive and includes brands, trademarks, copyrights, publishing rights and patents. Companies carrying on trade are entitled to claim a tax write-off for the capital cost of purchasing or developing qualifying intangible assets. Through our knowledge and experience in this area, we can advise on issues such as
Ireland’s Intellectual Property framework:
- Identifying intangible assets that qualify for the reliefs
- Maximising relief available under the new intangible asset regime
- Advising on qualifying deduction for IP purposes
- Advising on optimal use of licensing using Ireland IP regime
- Identification and valuation of IP
We also work closely with Intellectual Property solicitors to identify and value intellectual property assets.